Monday, February 1, 2010

Daniel Kasser: Western Technosites Review

Good Evening!

So, the digital photography class and I took a field trip to UOP for Daniel Kasser's newest gallery. What great work!

I was surprised by how inspiration his work really was. Being a "landscape lover", a sucker for old rusted things and one of the artists' best friends, photoshop--something that is there for you when you need to get your thoughts and feelings out--I found Kasser's work very interesting and definitely worth a good look. The locations shot in each piece were well chosen, with a unique view. The artifacts chosen to be photoshopped in were a great match as well. Job well done in capturing my attention!

I believe that I can be a perfectionist, and because so, I did notice--as well as others in my class--hints that the items were photoshopped, but I would not call them flaws. Yes, I know the artwork was obviously photoshopped, but settting that fact aside and trying to see how he sees his reality/vision, the editing was still a bit noticable. Though, I do understand how hard it is to perfect something like that. I am not complaining about his photoshopping skills, but I just want to congratulate him on a job well done! He nearly nailed a perfect shot and "fooled" me into thinking it was real! That is one reason why I was so inspired by his work. I hope to keep practicing my lighting and blending techniques, so that the viewer can get a clearer picture of what I see in my mind--to make it real for them, in a way.

Another reason why I loved his gallery was because of his landscapes. I love scenery, of nature mostly, and although his work was pointing out industrial areas, I am still inspired to travel and shoot the landscapes I love.

Overall, his output was amazing, and I would recommend any photographer or artist really, to check out his work at UOP. As a matter of fact, I plan to take my girlfriend. =)

Thanks for reading!

J. G. Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment