Friday, February 26, 2010

Hockney Inspired: Prints!

Before I mention prints, I suppose I should explain the Hockney project first.

The assignment was to shoot three pieces, Landscape, Interior, and a Portrait. At least twenty-five images were to be shot of each scene, and like the famous David Hockney, piece them together as a collage in photoshop--although, he pieced them together with actual hard copies, not on the computer. My original post shows my final images for the project. Now on to prints...

The files were sent out to a local print shop that handles mostly academia related printing, so printing photographs was somewhat new to them. They were scared and not very excited to do all of our photos at first, but once they received the files, they quickly became excited and started right away. For 75 cents per 14x11 print, the quality is not bad! Definitely not gallery print quality, but surely good enough for critiques--which we will be doing in class shortly. Outside of school though, I will be reprinting from Adorama.com, who prints extremely well for the little extra money. Definitely recommend them if you are looking for great prints for a very cheap price.

All-in-all, good stuff all around. I enjoyed others' photographs and cannot wait to see more.

Any opinions on my Hockney Project?


Thanks for reading,

J. G. Clark

3 comments:

  1. I admire your creativity. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your hockney project. My favorite was the one with the girl sitting on the floor. I know how much time you spent working on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really enjoyed your window scene! the entire project you created was super!

    ReplyDelete